Many people love to make a baked potato alongside their favorite foods when eating a cheeseburger or a nice juicy grilled steak with sour cream. It is no secret that you can soon come to appreciate the difference between eating a great baked potato with your favorite main dishes. Baked potatoes are usually always flavorful, eaten crispy, crunchy, and soft, with all your favorite toppings on top for a special dinner. When you cook them just the way you want, baked potatoes will always be a reminder of how delicious they will be right inside your taste buds.
Baked potatoes are straightforward to make, even if you do not know how to make them the right way. All you need is a few minutes of preparation and to see how you like them as a side dish with your main course.
The baked potato may seem like an easy side dish while top any toppings of your choice that suits your desires. However, baked potatoes are low in cholesterol and fat, useful whenever you decide to eat them.
Something about a baked potato can give you the urge to have a steak or cheeseburger with it during any day of the week. You will often see them wrapped up in foil to keep the heat in before you are ready to eat it with sour cream, margarine, or butter.
You can sometimes feel like a baked potato is part of the main course, not just a side dish with vegetables.
You can soon learn how to cook a baked potato in the microwave as a first choice if you do not like to use your oven. It will just take you a few minutes before you can eat them and for it to be delicious after each bite.
Baked potatoes can be made right inside your microwave. It does not take too much effort to do, and you will fall in heaven just how simple it is when you microwave a baked potato if you decide not to use your oven.
For using the oven method, it is better. When you want to make the perfect baked potato, there are very easy to prepare with very little preparation. All you need are four easy ingredients, a few minutes of short practice, which is useful if you are very busy, and an excellent working oven. Before long, you will enjoy one of the tastiest baked potatoes you can ever have without having to go inside a restaurant with your favorite toppings.
A perfectly baked potato should be completely light and fluffy on the inside, with the outer skin staying crispy but never burnt when cooked.
It will help if you stick to using Russet potatoes for baking because they are the top choice for baking potatoes in the future. Their skin can stay crispy and will have a lovely soft texture to it.
Yes, sour cream is the number one topping on most people’s charts, but you will soon know other cooking methods for a good baked potato. Yummy!
To make your very own baked potato recipe in the oven, all you need are just these
• Russet potatoes
• Kosher salt (not sea salt)
• Butter and;
• Ground black pepper
Russet potatoes work best for tasty baked potatoes. You will discover that these potatoes with their skins will give you a great crisp texture, while the inside will remain soft and light.
If you use Kosher salt, it will give your potato an extra crunch to its skins that you will also enjoy.
Try to use butter for your potato because it will give you added flavor.
Adding a few ground black pepper sprinkles inside after your potato is fully baked will give it a moist feel and taste.
Baked Potato Recipe
- Russet potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- First, turn on your oven to 450°F. It will be at this temperature for the potato skins to become crispy but not burnt.
- Next, use a small baking sheet so nothing from your potato will drip down into your oven. Always place your baking sheet in the middle rack of your oven.
- Rinse off your potato slightly with water and use a dull knife or a fork to prick one to three small holes so you will never risk your potato from bursting out.
- Then you are ready to bake your potato. The best method is to bake it for no more than twenty minutes until the skin becomes slightly wrinkled.
- Once you see a slight wrinkle, carefully remove the potato from the oven, and be sure to use a tablespoon or brush to give it a nice rub using melted butter on the potato evenly on all sides. Sprinkle the potato with a generous pinch of Kosher salt. Then place the potato back on the baking sheet, turning it over slightly so that the potato can cook evenly on both sides. Just bake the potato for another extra fifteen to twenty minutes.
- hen use a fork to check if it is now wholly cooked, so it is soft. Once soft, remove the potato from the oven. Only cook longer if you are using large potatoes if it is still hard beyond the second time to bake. The cooking time with your potato would only take another twenty minutes. You are now ready to season and serve! Once you put your potato on a plate, cut it in the center to open using a dull knife. Be sure to add any seasonings of your choice as a topping. Be sure to fluff it out and enjoy its flavor.
Be Aware That Baked Potato Skins Are Worth It
Be sure to eat your potato skin to enjoy what it gives you by its nutrition values. The potato skin is better for you than just the interior of the Russet potato. It has tons of fiber.
Since potato skins have a lot of fiber, they will help your digestive system in your body. It adds bulk, and since it absorbs water, you will be able to pass your bowel movements easier without feeling constipated each time you need to use the restroom.
Many people consider eating baked potato skin when they are crunchy because not only are they tasty for baking, but potatoes tend to be thick, and they are moist and chewy, which makes them seem separate.
Baked potato skins of all kinds besides Russet potatoes are edible, but it is essential to know that they can be healthy when you cook them properly. The crispier they are, the more enjoyable it is.
Potatoes give people a series of nutrition properties that include iron, potassium, protein, fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin B. They all come from the potato’s skin. The good thing is that the whole potato is a healthy, lovely potato due to the fantastic amount of fiber it will give you.
What Are Tasty Foods That Goes Well With A Baked Potato?
What are the right foods that can go well when you are going to eat a baked potato? There are many varieties like your favorite bowl of soup, green salad, and with your ribeye steak and cheeseburgers. Do not forget that besides sour cream, place some shredded cheese on top, which is an excellent combination for cheese lovers. Other options that go well with your baked potato are chili, chicken, fried onion, and fish, especially salmon.
Did you ever consider Greek yogurt on a baked potato? It is a good substitute for sour cream.
When it comes to seasonings, feel free to rub your potato with a little olive oil. Other herbs you can put on it are either onion powder or garlic powder.
Baked Potatoes FAQ
Before I can bake my potato, do I need to wrap it inside an aluminum foil?
No. But if you do, the texture will always come out better.
Is it safe to microwave baked potatoes?
Yes. Baked potatoes are safe, although never wrap it in anything when using your microwave. Set the microwave on the potato button option. If you want to wrap it in foil, use it only for the oven.
What Potatoes Are Best for Baking?
It is good to use Russet potatoes. But all large potatoes will do.
Are baked potatoes fattening to eat?
No. Baked potatoes are low in cholesterol and fat. Baked potatoes aid to help fight off the risk of getting heart disease.
Should I wash my potatoes before preparation?
Yes. Just rinse your potatoes off with cool water for a few seconds, but never use hot water.
What is the recommended temperature when baking a potato?
The recommended temperature should always be between 400 to 425 degrees F.
What Is A Good Drink To Serve With A Baked Potato?
Red wine, especially Riesling, goes well. Beer and soda pop are great too. Enjoy!
Facts That Are Fun About Baked Potatoes
• The potato holds about eighty percent water.
• An eight-ounce baked potato has only about one hundred calories.
• The potato is also known as a spud. (The digging of soil).
• Most Americans eat over one hundred pounds of potatoes per year.
• The Spanish Conquistadors, who dominated Peru, discovered how tasty the potato was. They then soon brought the vegetable to Europe.
Leave a Reply