Coleslaw tastes incredibly good and is super easy to make. It is used as an accompaniment to many different dishes, but is probably best known as one of the main ingredients in Pulled Pork burger.
Many people buy Coleslaw in the local supermarket, but it is both too expensive and too boring. Homemade Coleslaw dressing tastes so much better, and you can adjust the taste if you want it more fatty / sour / sweet.
Coleslaw dressing recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small white cabbage head
- 5-6 carrots
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and salt together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Finely chop the white cabbage and grate the carrots on a grater.
- Mix it all together with the dressing.
- Place the coleslaw in the refrigerator and let it soak for an hour or two before serving.
Coleslaw with a Twist
Coleslaw is traditionally made with white cabbage, but try making it with spiced cabbage – it just tastes super good. And if you have tried it once, you will never use white cabbage again. Yes, it costs a little more, but you also get more flavor in your coleslaw.