Chimichurri is a much-loved South American dish that can be used as a sauce or marinade that is ideal for grilled meat. It is a delightful combination of parsley, garlic, vinegar, and oil.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (can substitute 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ pcs red pepper in flakes
Dice the parsley, be sure to remove the long stems as the stems don't blend as well.
Add the parsley, garlic, and oregano in a food processor or high-powered blender and blend into a fine mixture.
Mix in the olive oil, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Blend together until mixture is fairly smooth.
Salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature if using as a dip.